Saturday, January 23, 2010

In a Pickle


I'm in a pickle. Literally. My husband, always looking for the best value for his money, bought nearly a gallon of pickles. At the same time he bought about a gallon of sauerkraut. What in the world are two people going to do with that level of condiments in the fridge? The simple solution here is to poll friends and family for recipes involving pickles or sauerkraut. I can't image a recipe involving pickles and kraut. I could always troll the web for ideas of what to do...right? One would think.
Well, I did. I keep coming up with some of the finest pork and sausage recipes that Germany has to offer alongside kraut. OK, kraut problem solved. Kind of...enough to diversify a dinner party...I guess...
But what about pickles? Are they only good for topping off that burger? Do we only envision pickles alongside slices of deli meat? If there's more to a pickle than using it as a verb - as in to pickle cucumbers (which I don't like) or even eggs--which brings back memories of that never ending jar of pickled eggs on the counter at the corner store back home--then I welcome the feedback...

No comments:

Post a Comment