Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Glutton or Good Citizen?

On Sunday, I bought a foot long stick of pepperoni from BJ's. Today is Tuesday and that foot long stick of pepperoni has been reduced to about six inches. I'm struggling with the fact that every time I walk past the pepperoni on the table or open the fridge and see it sitting there on the shelf beckoning me to have a sliver or three, I answer.
Over the weekend I thought it was OK to have a little extra pepperoni with the my soup since I was having cheese and crackers and I don't eat much dairy cheese. (I love it, but I'm lactose intolerant and have to take it easy in that department.) When I walked in the door tonight after work, the pepperoni was on the table and I sliced myself a little piece (or two, I can't remember) before going upstairs to talk to the neighbors. Then as I was preparing dinner, I sliced some more.
So am I glutton or a good citizen for not letting food go to waste? I'll mull that over an other slice, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment