Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oui, Oui

Everything related to French cooking is hot right now. I'm disappointed that I didn't keep up with my study of what I believe to be one of THE most romantic languages in the world. I think that would've surely given me a leg up in my pursuit of learning a different style of cooking.
So, back to the French. The American Julia Childs showed us how the French do it about 40 years ago or so. Very classy. But these days big name retailers have not only updated the style, but made it simple, and classy, thanks to some very handy appliances. I myself have recently discovered the joy of cooking (not the book) and would love to indulge in French food, made easy, of course, courtesy of some really great appliances. There's one hurdle - actually two. First is my husband. He wants the food, not the toys that make it happen. Hurdle #2? Number of ingredients.
I'm stuck with a desire to cook French foods, but with out the appropriate tools and a smaller ingredient list, desire is all I've got.
(sigh)

1 comment:

  1. Hurdle #2 is your issue. I have a solution to issue #1. I will clear it off line.
    Uncle Ben

    ReplyDelete